Elected: November 6, 2012 (first elected term)
Current Term: November 2016-2020
Statutory duties of the City Treasurer as defined by California Government Code Section 41001-41007 are as follows:
- The City Treasurer shall receive and safely keep all money the treasurer receives.
- The City Treasurer shall comply with all laws governing the deposit and securing of public funds and the handling of trust funds in his possession.
- The City Treasurer shall pay out money only on warrants signed by legally designated persons.
- Regularly, at least once each month, the City Treasurer shall submit to the City Clerk a written report and accounting of all receipts, disbursements, and fund balances. He shall file a copy with the legislative body.
- The City Treasurer shall perform such duties relative to the collection of City taxes and license fees as are prescribed by ordinance.
- The City Treasurer may appoint deputies.
- The deputies shall hold office at the pleasure of the City Treasurer and receive such compensation as is provided by the legislative body.