Utilities & Engineering Permits


To schedule an inspection call the Inspection Office at least one full working day prior to any permit work at (909) 798-7597.


Encroachment Permits

Detailed Information about Encroachment Permits

Completed encroachment permits may be emailed to redlandsonestop@cityofredlands.org


Outdoor Dining Permit
Outdoor Merchandise Sales Permit
Road Encroachment Permit
Street Closure for Social Event Permit
   An example of a social event would be a block party.
Street Closure Permit
Truck Route
Wideload/Oversized Permit
Wideload / Oversize Permit (Annual Permit)

Grading Permit

A Grading Permit is required for any grading of 50 or more yards of earth on property within the City of Redlands. The Municipal Utilities & Engineering Department will review and approve grading plans, and issue the grading permit. Fees for a grading permit are based on the development and can be obtained from staff or viewed on this form.

Grading Permit Application
Completed grading permits may be emailed to redlandsonestop@cityofredlands.org

The Grading Permit Application is in a pdf fillable format. It may be typed online, printed, signed and submitted to the One Stop Permit Center.

Traffic and Parking

Traffic and parking requests can be made to the Traffic and Parking Commission. Requests can involve any type of concern regarding traffic, including stop signs, speed limits, potential hazard areas or other concerns.

Further information about Traffic and Parking can be found on our Engineering page.

Traffic and Parking Commission Agenda Item Application