Community Gardens reopen with health and safety guidelines
The City of Redlands Recreation Division’s three community garden sites — Lugonia Gardens, Smiley Gardens, and Clement Gardens – have reopened with new health and safety guidelines in place for all gardeners.
- No more than ten (10) gardeners are permitted inside each garden
- Face coverings are required at all times
- Bring gloves or sanitizing wipes to unlock/open the gate
- Sanitize your hands before and after visiting the gardens
- Do not share tools or equipment with other gardeners
- Lugonia gardeners must adhere to a set schedule
Information about the Community Gardens, including health and safety guidelines, is available at www.cityofredlands.org/gardens. There are currently no garden plots available. Interested gardeners may visit the website to request to be placed on a waiting list for one of the following Community Gardens.
- Smiley Gardens, located at 1210 W. Cypress Ave., adjacent to Smiley Elementary School, includes 24 plots. The cost for a plot is $20 annually.
- Clement Gardens, 501 E. Pennsylvania Ave., adjacent to Clement Middle School, includes eight plots. Plots are $30 a year.
- Lugonia Gardens, between Lugonia and Pennsylvania avenues, east of Texas Street, includes 53 plots, available for $35 a year.
For more information on the Community Garden program, or any programs offered through the Redlands Recreation Division, email RecreationStaff@cityofredlands.org, or call (909) 798-7579.