The HR/Risk Management Director may reject any application for a position in the competitive service for reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- The applicant did not properly complete the application;
- The application indicates on its face that the applicant does not possess the minimum qualifications for the position;
- The applicant is unable to perform the essential functions of the position sought, with or without reasonable accommodations;
- The applicant is currently using illegal drugs;
- The applicant has; been convicted of a crime that may have an adverse impact on the applicant’s ability to perform the job for which the applicant is applying;
- The applicant is not legally permitted to work within the United States;
- The applicant has made false statement of any material fact or practiced or attempted to practice deception or fraud in making application for employment; or
- For any material cause which in the judgment of the Personnel Director would render the applicant unsuitable for the position, including a prior resignation from City service, termination from City service, or significant disciplinary action.
The Office of Human Resources will notify candidates of the status of their application.