Asistencia Mission de San Gabriel
The Asistencia Mission de San Gabriel (or Estancia) is operated by the Redlands Conservancy and is well worth a visit. It was built between 1830 and 1834 by the Franciscan Fathers of Mission San Gabriel, whose enormous land holdings stretched from Pasadena to Redlands. The County of San Bernardino and several other groups have been instrumental in restoring the Asistencia. The restored structures house a wedding chapel, cactus garden, bell tower, wishing well, and a museum with exhibits that depict Native American and early pioneer life.
For visitors information, contact: