RPD, Micah House, Ride Yourself Fit host Back2School Jam
July 27, 2017 – The Redlands Police Department, Micah House After School Program and Ride Yourself Fit, with help from local businesses, churches, community groups and City and County agencies, will give away bicycles and backpacks filled with school supplies during a Back2School Jam and Community Resource Fair at Sylvan Park from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Aug. 5. There will be free snacks and music provided for the community.
Ride Yourself Fit joins this year’s Back2School Jam and will add their 8th Annual Children’s Health and Bicycle Safety Expo to the activities. The Expo, previously held at the Redlands Mall in the spring, provides safety tips and rides through an obstacle course for children from 3 to 12 years old. Children will also have an opportunity to participate in a group ride around Redlands. A limited number of helmets will be available for children who don’t have them.
Family Service Association is also combining their annual backpack giveaway with the Back2School Jam.
Sponsors and participants in this year’s event include:
- City of Redlands
- Redlands Police Department
- Quality of Life Department
- Redlands Fire Department
- Micah House Redlands
- Redlands Police Officers Association
- Redlands Police Officers Foundation
- Family Service Association of Redlands
- Ride Yourself Fit
- California Highway Patrol
- Automobile Club of Southern California
- Chick-fil-A at Citrus Plaza
- 180 Degrees and Still Standing Food Program
- Inland Empire 66ers Baseball
- Redlands Unified School District
- San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
- San Bernardino County Probation Department
- Trinity Church
- Citizens Church
- Pathway Church
- New Life Foursquare Church – Kids Connection
- First Congregational Church of Redlands
- Solid Ground Christian Fellowship
- Redlands Community Hospital
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Your World Insurance Services, LLC (Stacy Boyle)
- Augie’s Coffee House
- Don’s Bicycles
- Cyclery USA
- Benchmark Transitions – Transforming Young Adult Lives
- Buckleberry: Car Seat Safety Checks
- Inland Empire Therapy Dogs, Inc.
- Redlands Junior All American Football
- Rendition Tattoo
- JJ Taekwondo – John Park
- Thrive Single Moms
- Safe Kids Foundation
- Yucaipa Bike Center
- Common Vision Coalition
The free event is open to the community and intended to support success in school for local youth by providing resources to children and families in a family-friendly setting. Various organizations will be participating.
The Redlands Police Department’s purpose is to control crime before it occurs by supporting strong families, resilient youth and safe and sustainable neighborhoods.
If you have any questions, or would be interested in donating or attending the event, please feel free to contact Event Coordinator Officer Chris Mead at email@example.com