As heat wave hits, cooling Centers will be open this week
In response to a local heat advisory from the National Weather Service, the City of Redlands will offer Cooling Center hours for the public at the Redlands Community Senior Center and the Joslyn Senior Center.
During days when temperatures are expected to reach at least 100 degrees, the Redlands Community Senior Center, 111 W. Lugonia Ave., and the Joslyn Senior Center, 21 Grant St., will open from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Designated cooling areas will be available and occupancy will be restricted to encourage social distancing.
Expanded cooling center hours will be available for the following dates and times:
- Monday, June 14 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Community Center
- Saturday, June 19 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Community Center
To ensure the safety of residents and staff, the following procedures will be enforced in compliance with guidelines from the California Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Face coverings must be worn;
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained for anyone outside the same household;
- Procedures will be in place to limit the number of participants prior to entry;
A copy of the Senior Center Cooling Center guidelines can be found at https://www.cityofredlands.org/post/cooling-centers.
For more information on the Cooling Center Hours or other programs offered by the Recreation Division, please call (909) 798-7572 or e-mail RecreationStaff@cityofredlands.org.