COVID-19 – FINANCIAL & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE BUSINESS RESOURCES
A variety of funding programs and services may no longer be available for employers affected by COVID-19. Please review the programs and services below for specific program availability.
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA)
Coronavirus Relief/Funding Options – The SBA offers multiple funding options for those seeking relief. In addition to traditional SBA financing programs, the CARES Act established several new temporary programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Paycheck Protection Program- This program expired on May 2021. Existing borrowers may be eligible for PPP loan forgiveness.
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness- The SBA and Department of the Treasury have released the application and instructions for your review. Please continue to visit this link for updated program information.
- SBA Debt Relief- financial reprieve of 6 months of payments for certain outstanding SBA loans whose business was impacted by COVID-19. Please visit SBA Debt Relief for specific program guidelines and to determine eligibility.
- Disaster Assistance- the COVID-19 EIDL is not accepting new applications, increase requests or reconsideration. Please visit Disaster Assistance webs page for assistance and programs available.
STATE OF CALIFORNIA – Various Departments’ Programs
California Rebuilding Fund
- The California Rebuilding Fund is no longer accepting applications. Please visit California Rebuilding Fund for a list of Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI’s) who participated in the program and who continue to offer affordable access to capital and technical assistance.
Department of Tax & Fee Administration- Tax Assistance for Businesses
- Small Business Relief Payment Plans for Sales and Use Tax - Applications are no longer being accepted for this program.
- Main Street Small Business Tax Credit II - The 2021 Main Street Small Business Tax Credit II reservation process is now closed.
Franchise Tax Board- Coronavirus Special Tax Relief and Assistance Updates
- The State Postpones Deadlines for Filing Tax Protests, Appeals and Refund Claims Due to COVID-19. State Controller and Franchise Tax Board (FTB) Chair Betty T. Yee announced an extension of time to July 15, 2020, for California taxpayers to complete certain time sensitive acts pertaining to state taxes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit the CA Franchise Tax Board website for up to date information.
Small Business Finance Center- California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (iBank)
The SBFC helps businesses create and retain jobs, and encourages investment in low-to-moderate income communities, and offers several small business loan guarantee programs.
- COVID-19 Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program- This loan program is no longer accepting applications.
Employment Development Department- Employer Assistance and Resources
- Work Sharing Program- an alternative to layoffs
- WARN- Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification – Changes to employee layoff notification requirements
- Tax Assistance- Employers may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. For questions, employers may call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center, toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 1(888) 745-3886.
- Small Business Relief Grant- Governor Newsom and the Legislature announced a package a package of assistance for small businesses impacted by COVID-19, including $500 million in grants. While the program is being created, please sign up here to receive an update when the program begins.
- State of California’s leader for job growth, economic development and business assistance, has compiled helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians as it relates to COVID-19.
EXPORT-IMPORT BANK OF THE UNITED STATES (EXIM)
- EXIM is announcing Relief Provisions for exporters and financial institutions located throughout the U.S. that may have been affected by COVID-19, including: Working Capital Guarantee Program; Multi-Buyer and Single Buyer Short Term Insurance Program; Medium-Term Single Buyer Insurance Policies Issued to Exporters; Waivers; deadline extensions; and streamlined processing.
COUNTY OF SAN BERNARDINO
Economic Development Agency
- Small Business Workshops and Seminars – various topics to help your business during the COVID-19 crisis.
Workforce Development Department
- COVID-19 Microbusiness Relief Grant – This new Covid-19 grant program is designed to assist businesses that have experienced economic impacts and barriers due to the effects of the global pandemic. $2,500 grants are available to qualifying microbusinesses beginning February 28, 2022. The program ends when all funds have been dispensed. For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.selectsbcounty.com/major-initiatives/microbusinesses-covid-19-relief-grant
- The Business Services Team offers several programs including On-the-Job Training; Layoff Aversion; Labor Market Information; Rapid Response and workshops.
SCORE – A Resource Partner of the SBA, SCORE Provides Free Business Mentoring & Education
- Small Business Resilience Hub Courage to Adapt. Strength to Succeed. Gain access to several sources of assistance including Remote Mentoring, Resilience Training and a Resource Portal.
- For a list of all upcoming live webinars on the SCORE webinars website, including “Protecting Your Business From Fraud,” Simple Recipe for Social Media Success,” “How to Protect and Grow the Value of Your Business During a Pandemic” and others.
- The IESBDC provides several services and programs to assist the entrepreneur and small business owner. One-on-One consulting, in person and online seminars and workshops, and access to various financial assistance programs available for your business needs.