COVID-19 – FINANCIAL & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE BUSINESS RESOURCES
A variety of funding and support services are available for employers affected by COVID-19. Many of the programs and services must be initiated via the websites provided.
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA)
Coronavirus Relief/Funding Options – The SBA offers multiple funding options for those seeking relief. In addition to traditional SBA financing programs, the CARES Act established several new temporary programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Paycheck Protection Program- provides loan forgiveness for retaining employees by temporarily expanding the traditional SBA 7(a) loan program
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application- The SBA and Department of the Treasury have released the application and instructions for your review. The SBA has not released regulations and guidance yet, to assist borrowers to complete the application, or for lenders with guidance on their responsibilities. Please continue to visit these links for up dated program information.
- EIDL Loan Advance- a loan advance that will provide up to $10,000 of economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing temporary difficulties
- SBA Express Bridge Loans- enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief- financial reprieve of 6 months of payments for certain outstanding SBA Loans a business currently has
- Disaster Loans- low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters, such as COVID-19
STATE OF CALIFORNIA – Various Departments’ Programs
Department of Tax & Fee Administration- Tax Assistance for Businesses
- Relief and Extensions for Filing Returns- How to request an extension for your return or prepayment
- Small Business Relief Payment Plans for Sales and Use Tax
Franchise Tax Board- State Postpones Tax Deadline for California Individual Taxpayers and Business Entities Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Franchise Tax Board announced special tax relief for California individual taxpayers and business entities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Affected taxpayers are granted an extension to file 2019 California tax returns and make certain payments to July 15, 2020, for ALL tax filings and payments due March 15, 2020, through June 15, 2020. Refer to the March 18, 2020 News Release for more information.
Small Business Finance Center- California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (iBank)
The SBFC helps businesses create and retain jobs, and encourages investment in low-to-moderate income communities.
- COVID-19 Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program- Loans for certain California non-profits and small businesses with up to 750 employees that have been negatively impacted or experienced disruption due to COVID-19.
Employment Development Department- Employer Assistance and Resources
- Work Sharing Program- an alternative to layoffs
- WARN- Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification – Changes to employee layoff notification requirements
- Tax Assistance- Employers may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. For questions, employers may call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center, toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 1(888) 745-3886.
- State of California’s leader for job growth, economic development and business assistance, has compiled helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians as it relates to COVID-19.
EXPORT-IMPORT BANK OF THE UNITED STATES (EXIM)
- EXIM is announcing Relief Provisions for exporters and financial institutions located throughout the U.S. that may have been affected by COVID-19, including: Working Capital Guarantee Program; Multi-Buyer and Single Buyer Short Term Insurance Program; Medium-Term Single Buyer Insurance Policies Issued to Exporters; Waivers; deadline extensions; and streamlined processing.
COUNTY OF SAN BERNARDINO
Economic Development Agency
- Small Business Workshops and Seminars – various topics to help your business during the COVID-19 crisis.
Workforce Development Department
- The Business Services Team offers several programs including On-the-Job Training; Layoff Aversion; Labor Market Information; Rapid Response and workshops.
SCORE – A Resource Partner of the SBA, SCORE Provides Free Business Mentoring & Education
- Small Business Resilience Hub Courage to Adapt. Strength to Succeed. Gain access to several sources of assistance including Remote Mentoring, Resilience Training and a Resource Portal.
- For a list of all upcoming live webinars on the SCORE webinars website, including “Protecting Your Business From Fraud,” Simple Recipe for Social Media Success,” “How to Protect and Grow the Value of Your Business During a Pandemic” and others.
- Ask SBDC Daily Calls- A series of webinars every day at 3:00 p.m. through July 31, 2020. COVID-19 information for the Small Business Community as it relates to funding programs. To register to participate, please visit https://fullerton.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_B21fFxU7RNKYtIpBp0UgNQ