COVID-19 – FINANCIAL & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE BUSINESS RESOURCES
A variety of funding and support services are available for employers affected by COVID-19. Many of the programs and services must be initiated via the websites provided.
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA)
Coronavirus Relief/Funding Options – The SBA offers multiple funding options for those seeking relief. In addition to traditional SBA financing programs, the CARES Act established several new temporary programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Paycheck Protection Program- provides loan forgiveness for retaining employees by temporarily expanding the traditional SBA 7(a) loan program. This program expired on May 2021. Existing borrowers may be eligible for PPP loan forgiveness.
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness- The SBA and Department of the Treasury have released the application and instructions for your review. Please continue to visit this link for updated program information.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans- enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief- financial reprieve of 6 months of payments for certain outstanding SBA Loans a business currently has
- Disaster Loans- low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters, such as COVID-19
STATE OF CALIFORNIA – Various Departments’ Programs
California Rebuilding Fund
- The California Rebuilding Fund is a loan program to support California’s small businesses, especially those located in economically disadvantaged and historically under-banked area of the state. Businesses with 50 full-time employees or fewer, gross revenues of less than $2.5 million in 2019, and must have suffered a direct economic hardship as a result of COVID-19, are eligible to apply.
Department of Tax & Fee Administration- Tax Assistance for Businesses
- Relief and Extensions for Filing Returns- How to request an extension for your return or prepayment
- Small Business Relief Payment Plans for Sales and Use Tax
- Main Street Small Business Tax Credit- Beginning Dec. 1, 2020 through Jan. 15, 2021, CDTFA is accepting applications, through its online reservation system, for qualified small business owners to reserve up to a $100,000 hiring tax credit. This credit provides a credit that a small business employer can use to offset their income taxes or their sales and use taxes when filing their tax returns.
Franchise Tax Board- Coronavirus Special Tax Relief and Assistance Updates
- The State Postpones Deadlines for Filing Tax Protests, Appeals and Refund Claims Due to COVID-19. State Controller and Franchise Tax Board (FTB) Chair Betty T. Yee announced an extension of time to July 15, 2020, for California taxpayers to complete certain time sensitive acts pertaining to state taxes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Small Business Finance Center- California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (iBank)
The SBFC helps businesses create and retain jobs, and encourages investment in low-to-moderate income communities.
- COVID-19 Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program- Loans for certain California non-profits and small businesses with up to 750 employees that have been negatively impacted or experienced disruption due to COVID-19.
Employment Development Department- Employer Assistance and Resources
- Work Sharing Program- an alternative to layoffs
- WARN- Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification – Changes to employee layoff notification requirements
- Tax Assistance- Employers may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. For questions, employers may call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center, toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 1(888) 745-3886.
- Small Business Relief Grant- Governor Newsom and the Legislature announced a package a package of assistance for small businesses impacted by COVID-19, including $500 million in grants. While the program is being created, please sign up here to receive an update when the program begins.
- State of California’s leader for job growth, economic development and business assistance, has compiled helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians as it relates to COVID-19.
EXPORT-IMPORT BANK OF THE UNITED STATES (EXIM)
- EXIM is announcing Relief Provisions for exporters and financial institutions located throughout the U.S. that may have been affected by COVID-19, including: Working Capital Guarantee Program; Multi-Buyer and Single Buyer Short Term Insurance Program; Medium-Term Single Buyer Insurance Policies Issued to Exporters; Waivers; deadline extensions; and streamlined processing.
COUNTY OF SAN BERNARDINO
Economic Development Agency
- Small Business Workshops and Seminars – various topics to help your business during the COVID-19 crisis.
Workforce Development Department
- COVID-19 Microbusiness Relief Grant – This new Covid-19 grant program is designed to assist businesses that have experienced economic impacts and barriers due to the effects of the global pandemic. $2,500 grants are available to qualifying microbusinesses beginning February 28, 2022. The program ends when all funds have been dispensed. For additional information please email email@example.com or visit www.selectsbcounty.com/major-initiatives/microbusinesses-covid-19-relief-grant
- The Business Services Team offers several programs including On-the-Job Training; Layoff Aversion; Labor Market Information; Rapid Response and workshops.
SCORE – A Resource Partner of the SBA, SCORE Provides Free Business Mentoring & Education
- Small Business Resilience Hub Courage to Adapt. Strength to Succeed. Gain access to several sources of assistance including Remote Mentoring, Resilience Training and a Resource Portal.
- For a list of all upcoming live webinars on the SCORE webinars website, including “Protecting Your Business From Fraud,” Simple Recipe for Social Media Success,” “How to Protect and Grow the Value of Your Business During a Pandemic” and others.