Open Enrollment FAQ
When is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment will take place September 20 -October 15. Changes made during the 2021 Open Enrollment will take effect January 1, 2022.
How do I enroll?
Why should I enroll?
If you are looking to make changes to your health plan you will need to submit the appropriate enrollment form. If no action taken, employees will automatically default into your current plan(s).
What if I opt out of medical coverage?
What is the employer/employee contribution and the 2022 medical premium rates?
What are the health plan options for 2022?
Please refer to the 2022 Benefit Guide for detailed information on all the City’s benefit options.
2022 Benefit Guide coming soon!
What supporting documentation do I need to enroll my dependents?
To add your spouse or registered domestic partner:
- Provide a copy of your marriage certificate or Declaration of Domestic Partnership
- Provide your spouse’s or domestic partners Social Security Number
To add your children, adopted children, stepchildren, or domestic partners children:
- Provide a copy of the birth certificate
- Provide your dependents Social Security Number
When will I see my new medical premium payroll deduction?
All changes made during Open Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2022, and payroll deductions will begin in December 2021.
Important information to keep in mind:
- ID cards are issued by the health plan, not CalPERS. If additional ID cards are needed, please contact your health provider directly
- Please remember to carefully review your pay stub to ensure the correct health plan premium deduction was made