Permits & Applications

Barricade Rentals

Barricades are only rented to recognized non-profit/civic groups located within the City of Redlands.

Barricade Rental Form

Film Permits

The City of Redlands promotes a positive atmosphere for production companies wishing to film within City limits. A film permit is required for all filming done within the City of Redlands. We have a simplified permit procedure designed to coordinate all your production needs with City health and safety requirements.

Please contact Larry Alms at or the One Stop Permit Center at 909-798-7551 ext 7.

Download the Photography/Filming Permit Application Film Permit Application.

 It is the City's policy that downtown businesses be provided a two week notice of any and all road closures/construction affecting the downtown area.

 If the party is requesting the closure of a sidewalk or street they are additional actions that must be taken.

The requesting party responsibilities are:

  • Personally notifying the businesses along State Street between the filming area(s)
  • Supply the counter tech with documentation stating the business name and employee notified.
  • Post “no parking” signs 48 hours prior to road closure (signs must be posted on street lamp or street sign.  No posting of signage on trees is allowed)
  • Signs must be removed at the end of the event
  • Abide by all other requirements outlined in the Film Permit and Road Closure Permit

 City staff will perform the following:

  • Social media notification on City platforms
  • Email notification to downtown businesses

Click here to view map of downtown area. 


Park Reservations

The use of the City of Redlands' parks by groups of 50 or more people require a permit. Reservations are currently required for the Redlands Bowl in Smiley Park, and the Avice Meeker Sewall Theater in Prospect Park. Group picnic tables located in Sections "A" and "C", the gazebo and the covered picnic area in Sylvan Park can also be reserved.

Click here for further information

Avice Meeker Sewall Theater Reservation Form

Redlands Bowl Reservation Form

All Other Park Reservations Form

Permit to Serve Alcohol in Public Parks

Prospect Park Sign Request

Rental of the sign area at Prospect Park is limited to Redlands not-for-profit cultural organizations advertising a local event.

Prospect Park Sign Reservation Form

Public Tree Encroachment Permit

All trees to be planted in the public right-of-way need a public tree encroachment permit.

Click here for further information

Public Tree Encroachment Permit Application