Redlands Senior centers to provide Cooling Center hours
The City of Redlands Recreation Division will offer Cooling Center hours for the public at the Redlands Community Senior Center and the Joslyn Senior Center on days when the National Weather Service issues a heat advisory.
During those days, when temperatures are expected to reach at least 100 degrees, the Redlands Community Senior Center, 111 W. Lugonia Ave. and the Joslyn Senior Center, 21 Grant St., will open from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Designated cooling areas with restricted occupancy to encourage social distancing will be available.
To ensure the safety of residents, the following procedures will be enforced in compliance with the California Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Face coverings must be worn;
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained for anyone outside the same household;
- Procedures will be in place to limit the number of participants prior to entry;
- Pre-screening of participants, including temperature checks, will be required;
- High traffic areas will be cleaned and disinfected hourly
A copy of the Joslyn Senior Center Cooling Center guidelines can be found at https://www.cityofredlands.org/post/cooling-centers.
For more information on the Cooling Center Hours or other programs offered by the Recreation Division, please call (909) 798-7572 or e-mail RecreationStaff@cityofredlands.org.