Cooling centers will be open this weekend, beginning Friday
In response to a local heat advisory from the National Weather Service, the City of Redlands will expand hours this weekend at its cooling centers, located at the Redlands Community Senior Center and the Joslyn Senior Center, beginning at noon Friday, Sept. 4, and extended through 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 7.
During days when temperatures are expected to reach at least 100
degrees, the Redlands Community Senior Center, 111 W. Lugonia
Ave., and the Joslyn Senior Center, 21 Grant St., opened
beginning in August from noon to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday,
with designated cooling areas and restricted occupancy to
encourage social distancing available.
Expanded cooling center hours will be available for the following dates and times:
- Friday, Sept. 4 Noon to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 5 Noon to 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 6 Noon to 5 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 7 Noon to 5 p.m.
To ensure safety of residents and staff, the following procedures will be enforced in compliance with guidelines from the California Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Face coverings must be worn;
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet must be maintained for anyone outside the same household;
- Procedures will be in place to limit the number of participants prior to entry;
- Pre-screening of participants, including temperature checks, will be required;
- High traffic areas will be cleaned and disinfected hourly
A copy of the Senior Center Cooling Center guidelines can be found at https://www.cityofredlands.org/post/cooling-centers.
For more information on the Cooling Center Hours or other programs offered by the Recreation Division, please call (909) 798-7572 or e-mail RecreationStaff@cityofredlands.org.