Redlands Police Department
Public Information Office
35 Cajon Street, Suite 204, Redlands, CA 92373
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Public Information Officer Carl Baker (909) 798-7633
The Public Information Officer (PIO) is responsible for the regular dissemination of public information about the Redlands Police Department to the media. The PIO hosts press conferences, writes press releases, writes articles for publication in magazines and newsletters, coordinates events with the Media Unit, networks with other PIOs and attends many events to represent the Police Department. The PIO also assists and coordinates with officers for speaking events and other community-oriented activities in town.
Redlands Police Department Ride-Along Program
The Redlands Police Department encourages its citizens to familiarize themselves with the operations, day-to-day activities, facilities and equipment of the Redlands Police Department. One way to accomplish this is to allow citizens to participate in a Ride-Along Program with patrol officers
Individuals interested in participating in the Ride-Along Program are required to complete an application, which is screened by the Ride-Along Program Coordinator. A Waiver of Liability and Authorization to Release Information Form needs to be signed and returned with the application. Once an application is approved, the applicant will be contacted and provided with a date and time to ride.
On the day of the ride-along, the applicant will be required to: 1.) provide identification to the Watch Commander; 2.) sign a waiver; and 3.) provide an emergency notification number.
Please keep the top information sheet of the application. Fill out the application and return it to the Redlands Police Department, 1270 W. Park Ave., in Redlands. Applications take 5-10 business days to process.
Applications for the Ride-Along Program can be obtained at online here or at the Redlands Police Department, 1270 W. Park Ave., in Redlands. For more information, please call (909) 798-7681.
To ensure the success of the Ride-Along Program, the following guidelines shall apply:
- Minimum age for participants is 15 years old. Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver, at the time of the ride-along.
- Participants should be residents of Redlands, or the East Valley area.
- Participants may ride only one time per year.
- Only one participant will be scheduled to ride per shift, either day or night.
- Participants are authorized to ride for four hours only, any time exceeding four hours is at the watch commander’s discretion.
- Participants will not become involved in the officer’s work. Any participant who becomes a hindrance will be returned to the station and the ride-along will be terminated.
- Participants are required to wear appropriate business attire during the ride-along. No gang, skinhead, racially offensive, or other inappropriate clothing will be allowed.
Neighborhood Survey Form
The members of the Redlands Police Department value your opinions on the safety and quality of life in your neighborhood. To this end, we would like to gain an understanding of your perception of these issues relative to the area in which you live. Please take a few moments to print the survey form, complete it, and either mail it, fax it, or bring it in to any Redlands Police Department facility.