Toy donations sought for annual community block party
The Redlands Police Department and several local businesses are collecting toys for the 15th Annual Children’s Christmas Block Party. This year’s party will also focus on the City’s 125th anniversary celebration, “Celebrating 125 years, A City That Gives.”
All monetary and toy donations will assist in providing toys, food, bicycles, games and crafts to children during the annual block party, which is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at the Redlands Community Center, 111 W. Lugonia Ave. The annual block party has an attendance of 3,000-5,000 families. For many of the children, this will be the only “Christmas” they receive.
Toyota of Redlands and Redlands Ford have both joined in the spirit of giving also. Redlands Ford has committed to donate a bicycle for every car sold during the month of December.
You can join in the spirit of giving by donating new, unwrapped toys for children between the ages of 2 and 12. Toys may be dropped off through Friday, Dec. 14 ,at more than a dozen locations throughout the City, including:
- Redlands Ford – 1121 W. Colton Ave.
- Royal Falconer-106 Orange St.
- Toyota of Redlands – 921 New York St.
- Gerrards Market -705 W, Cypress Ave.
- Redlands Family Restaurant-107 E. Colton Ave.
- A.K. Smiley Public Library – 125 E. Vine St.
- Redlands Olive Avenue Market – 530 W. Olive Ave.
- Oscar's Restaurant -19 N. 5th St.
- Stater Bros. Markets - 1786 E. Lugonia Ave.
- World Discovery Store - 1448 Industrial Park
- Mission Commons – 10 Terracina Blvd.
- Empire Bowl – 940 W. Colton Ave.
- Firestone Tires -300 W. Redlands Blvd.
- Stater Bros. Markets – 1536 Barton Road
- Hogi Yogi - 501 E. Citrus Ave.
- Kenco Distribution– 26875 Pioneer Ave.
- Cope Middle School- 1000 W. Cypress Ave.
- Moore Middle School-1550 E. Highland Ave.
- Clement Middle School-501 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
- Redlands High School – 840 E. Citrus Ave.
- Citrus Valley High School– 800 W. Pioneer Ave.
- Redlands Community Center - 111 W. Lugonia Ave.
- Redlands Police Department - 1270 W. Park Ave.
For additional information on the Children’s Christmas Block Party, contact Officer Elyzabeth Green at (909) 798-7534 ext 2.