City of Redlands Open Budget - "How to Use OpenGov"
Click to Access Interactive Budget Data at RedlandsCa.OpenGov.com
Tips on Using OpenGov.com:
- The portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a chart or graph, a legend and various controls to view expenses by departments out of various funds.
- You can always access the portal by navigating to redlandsca.opengov.com
- To focus on specific data - like a fund, department, expense type, or any combination - look to the left and use the menu on the side panel.
- Check our the most frequently asked questions people had when using OpenGov for the first time.
- These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filtered By" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category - funds, departments, expense type:
This is the default view for the City's budget information:
Filters are the key to using this new tool:
There are five different types of visual representations of the data - an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie chart and a table. You can change your view at any time by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right:
You can also download the data into a .csv spreadsheet or a .png image, and you can share the data, in any view, on a social network or by email:
If you have questions or need additional information, please use the "Help" tab in the top right-hand corner of the screen:
- Construction begins on runway lighting at Redlands Airport
- Man found with stolen vehicle also suspect in tire theft attempt
- Palms relocated to improve downtown pedestrian walkway
- Police cite 11 drivers during two crosswalk enforcement details
- Senior center to host a free Diabetes Empowerment Program
- Work under way on Colton Avenue, scheduled on Alabama
- First Coffee with the Council of 2017 scheduled Saturday
- Lane restrictions on Pearl Avenue for Gateway beautification
- Community Emergency Response Team training scheduled
- Learn about Lighthouse for the Blind at Dessert and Dialogue