Municipal Utilities & Engineering
Information on Water and Solid Waste Services
The City of Redlands Customer Service Division for water, sewer, and solid waste services will be closed Friday, December 19, 2014, through Friday, January 2, 2015.
However, utility bill payments will continue to be posted during this office closure and are due by the due date listed on your bill. Any payments not received by the due date, are subject to a late charge. To pay your utility bill, please use one of the following payment methods:
(1) Deposit your payment in the night drop box located between Customer Service, suite 15A and the Revenue Division, suite 15B
(2) Mail your payment to PO Box 6903, Redlands CA 92375
(3) Make an online payment through your bank (please allow adequate time for your payment to arrive by the due date)
(4) Make your payment through Western Union Speedpay, which is the only on-line service that guarantees next day delivery to the City of Redlands. You can access Speedpay by calling 866-269-2896 or visit www.redlandscustomerservice.org .
For after-hours emergency water and/or sewer service, please contact the Redlands Police Department at 909-798-7681.
Solid Waste Collection Service (trash service) will continue to be picked-up on schedule, if your service day is Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
If your service day is Thursday or Friday, your solid waste collection service will run ONE day behind for the remainder of the weeks of December 22 and December 29. For example, if your solid waste collection service day is Thursday, then collection service will be provided on Friday. Any missed collections should be called into 909-798-7529. Thank you.
Information on Encroachment Permit Inspections
During the City Hall Office closure from December 19th- January 5th, Encroachment Permit inspections will still be required. To schedule an appointment, please call 909-798-7597 x.2
Interim Municipal Utilities and Engineering Director
Municipal Utilities & Engineering Department
Provide impeccable service to our community through professionalism, integrity, accountability, quality, transparency, dedication, collaboration and innovation. Municipal Utilities and Engineering Department plans, builds, and maintains Redlands' physical and environmental infrastructure for the residents, businesses and visitors of the City, making it a sustainable and desirable place to live, work, invest and visit.
Municipal Utilities & Engineering Department (MUED) is responsible for providing the following major services to the City and its residents:
- Water production and water distribution administration and operation
- Non-potable water distribution administration and operation
- Wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal administration and operation
- Engineering review and inspection of development proposals for compliance with City codes, standards and other governmental requirements relating to land subdivisions, grading, drainage, public improvements within the City right of way and transportation matters
- Management, rehabilitation, and replacement of public improvements, such as, water mains, sewer mains, storm drains, streets, traffic signals, etc. to provide continued reliable service to the community
- Development and construction of new public facilities to protect and enhance community quality of life
- Optimize the total cost of ownership of City’s physical assets
- Effectively manage regulatory compliance by ensuring all MUED procedures, as well as MUED and vendor practices, are consistent with all related codes and regulations
To provide these services MUED is organized into several divisions which include land development, capital improvement engineering services, regulatory compliance, water and wastewater operations, administration, and customer service/utility billing
- Integrated and unified organization
- Employee Effectiveness and Satisfaction
- Quality Customer Service
- Preservation of City's Assets